Shopping Around: ReCreate Consignment - Scottsdale

On last Thursday and Saturday, I went on a little shopping excursion - or as a friend called it a marathon - and took a drive north - way north. Even though I was going to the same stores from my local area (within a 10 mile radius) I thought different areas would have a different selection. It's the same thought process as thrifting: better areas have better goods - location location location. I'll share more about that next, but first I wanted to share a little surprise I found along the way: a gem of a store - a consignment shop called ReCreate Consignment & Staging. Shopping consignment shops is another alternative to thrift and creating your own second-hand style. ReCreate Consignment isn't  like the other consignment stores I've seen here in Arizona - which can sometimes be an over-priced dusty old hodge-podge pile of stuff you'd see on American Pickers. This shop had vignettes set, and rooms displayed around a well-lit store, with reasonably priced merchandise.


Le Corbusier - LC -4 Chaise Longue


 The Rothko-like canvas (below) was just getting markdown to $75...


Some items were on sale and clearly marked. But even though a sale price wasn't on a piece, it doesn't hurt to ask: I spotted a simple wood & jute seat chair with character for $58, but saved $12 because I asked if it was on sale. After taxes, the chair only came to $50, which is a huge savings for a chair considering even at a discount home store, something as simple as a dining chair goes for $99 - and benched go for $149 and up. This chair has some character in its lines and will be fun to refinish - painted black for the reception area of my project...





I too have a few items I'd like to sell, so this shop may also be a great source to sell at as well as buy from. The owner's name is Micheal. We got to talking a bit and we had something in common: we're both ex-visual merchandisers for major companies who changed their tune :) Everything happens for a reason! And I'm happy to have met Micheal, found his shop and scored a great deal on the chair to refinish for my project!



Loved the amphora shaped cream glass with back rim vase I got plus a pretty petite watercolor painting

The watercolor was only $5...


 The area the shop is located in Scottsdale (north of Indian School - on Miller Rd - 1 block south of Camelback) reminded me of thrifting in Wilton Manors - Ft. Lauderdale... Their website is under construction, but you can find them sharing posts of their goodies on Facebook....




ReCreate Consignment & Staging
4390 North Miller Rd . Suite 101/102
Scottsdale, AZ, 85251
(480) 607-5161


Thanks for stopping by!






1 comment:

  1. Another great Phoenix shopping find, Lynda! Love the cane seat chair and anxious to see it after you've worked your magic on it!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails