PROJECTS TO DO

How has your year been going for you so far? Are you snowed in wherever you are? Have you made a list of projects you'd like to tackle? Anyone doing any major renovations? Painting projects? Is anyone moving to a new place and excited about starting the year with a clean slate? I'd love to hear about it! Email me and send me pics of your DIY's, mini or massive makeovers. Similar to last March where I had March Modern Madness month, I'd like to try to put together a March Makeovers Month. In the meantime, these are some personal projects I'd like to accomplish the first half of this year:


Color Inspiration


New color combos: Pop in Pairs:
Something different I'd like to try is to pop a pair of colors - not just one - with my existing neutrals. Fortunately, I already have soft grey walls throughout our home, so the new neutral is already here. By incorporating some pops of pink and living with it, it has become an inspiration on its own and it's grown on me. Some pairings I'd like try are rose & grassy green for Spring, grassy green and gold with grey, and fuchsia with orange for summer. I'm also going to try to use less black - even though I wear it everyday =)


Color Inspiration

Color Inspiration

Color Inspiration


DIY Project to tackle this year: Sewing:
I'd like to utilize the fabric sources I'm learning about to apply them to make pillows on my own as well as window panels, and slipcovers for the two white ottomans (Sephora had turned into a scratching post - ggrrrrr) and also try to slipcover our bed (with help from my friend Jose!)








Painting projects I'd like to try: Distressing pieces:
I'd like to age an accent wall or room (bedroom or a bathroom maybe), by blending and mixing all the cream, grey, brown and black I already own... I'd also like to lighten & brighten a few accessories (ie repaint!) as well as also try stenciling a pattern in the half-bath (and maybe one other wall around here, or at my moms.)


Wall finish Inspiration

Wall finish Inspiration

Wall finish Inspiration

Wall finish Inspiration

I few other projects I'd like to work on this year is to better organize & consolidate all our keepsakes, create an inspiration board for the home office - and not a project but a plan - be in New York City for the Ten Year 911Memorial & Anniversary. Even if our budget only allows for one trip this year, THAT is where I want to be in September. I was there for the one year, and I told myself I'd come back for the ten year.



Office Inspiration

Office Inspiration


Office Inspiration

After the Color Splash "gig" ends (around March) I'll be refocusing my attention back on building my blog, brand, business and client projects to makeover. I had thought I'd be able to do both, but it won't be fair to either one, so I've been focused on learning all I can (as well as sharing and networking) for as long as I'm there.


STUDIO BEFORE

STUDIO AFTER

David came back to the studio and loved it! he commented that "it 'feels' like home." A few others have commented the same, and the girl I've been working with (Kathy) said she "feels more productive now that everything is organized". That makes me happy.

More pics to post of the reveal this week.. Stay tuned...




1 comment:

  1. I would love to learn how to properly distress furniture, I learnt several painting techniques at college but not this. I have a lot of DIY projects going on at the moment so time for more courses is on hold. I have been updating my home as i am about to sell to move in with my partner but have also opened the showroom side of my business so lots of decorating & work going on here too. All very exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails