ON THE HUNT

Hey everyone!! Yesterday was a fun day - I was sent out with a list and a mission to go hunting, gathering and exploring fabric shops - to collect samples for some upcoming custom projects! And I don't mean just popping into JoAnn's... I'm talkin' walking into a maze of fabric bolts, books and samples from vendors such as Kravit, Robert Allen and Beacon Hill, to seeing ton-age of trims & tiebacks. One shop I found while sourcing on the Internet was located just down the street from me called Tiffany's. It's a family run shop that has been there for more than thirty years. I loaded up on a few sample books to bring back to the studio, along with a few shots of fab fabrics around the shop.

Fresh Spring color combos

Radiant starburst prints

Foils on fabrics

Bling! Bling!

Great linens with prints

Amazing tiebacks

Quatrefoil prints

Fretwork prints

Reptile textures

Graphic prints

Ikats and Bohemian style prints

Afterwards, I headed south... and drove on an expressway I haven't been on in probably over fifteen years (the Palmetto)! I stopped off at shop, that use to be located up here in Hollywood, but relocated south to Bird Road in Miami called Ultra Fabrics. The manager I chatted with was so helpful, she even suggested another shop for me to check out: Fabric Gallery, located in the Bird Road Arts District. Ding! Ding! Another gold mine of trims and treasures, with more helpful people... so much so, they handed me the scissors and said "Cut what you want". 












After collecting some samples and talking a little more with the FG rep Terri, she said I might be interested in checking out a relatively new shop that the Fabric Gallery owners recently opened called Urban Loft. Although I was crunched for time (didn't want to get caught in  a sea of break lights at the airport expressway - the Dolphin) I dropped off my goodies at the car and headed over.  I got to speak with the shop owner, who not only let me take some pics of his shop, but let me know new merchandise would be arriving next week. I am definitely going to be making a trip back down there...










There are SO many more shops to explore at the Bird Road Arts District! I think I may have to bring my mom out with me Saturday ~ which the district also holds an art walk every third Saturday, to help support the area.



 

7 comments:

  1. Oh... Lynda!!!! What great finds!!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!!!
    Any chance you know who manufactures the 5th fabric down on your pictures: titled. Linen with prints?

    Wish we lived closer to one another. I would adore scouting with you.
    Can you say" ROAD TRIP????

    Someday, my friend! Someday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful selection of fabrics Lynda & I love the bling :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love fabric and can spend hours looking and drooling. You found some great places. Wonderful pics. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like my kind of day! The fabrics, the trims...Oh My! Glad your enjoying yourself. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a great time! The life of a designer.

    Mr. Goodwill Hunting

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the update. I am still available if you need an assistants assistant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW - fabulous pictures -- you must have been in Heaven all day! Thanks for sharing - cant wait to see the projects that result from today's "Hunt"

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails