NEW TO VIEW IN 2011

Hello! Hello! Hello! Hope everyone has enJOYed the first week of the new year! How have you spent yours so far? Have you made resolutions for change? Are you starting a new career venture? Any big travel plans on your agenda? Now that the decorations have been put away and the family has packed up and all gone home, have you had any time to check out some new shows airing on HGTV? I had spent  some time on New Years Day checking out the new shows... which by now have aired this week...



I really liked three of the new shows: Cash and Cari, Selling New York and especially Candice Olson's new show - Candice Tells All. What I liked most about Candice's new show was the more realistic approach it had to showing more of the behind the scenes effort it takes to putting together her signature look. She has several assistants aiding her in executing her vision. The assistance do everything from sourcing accessories and furnishings to textiles for window panels and custom pillows. And you thought she did it all? With as many projects as she has happening simultaneously, plus keeping her high level of standards - you just can't do it alone.






The first episode of Candice Tells All reviewed the principle of indestructible design, which included using sturdy and durable materials. And like Candice says, "You may not have the fireplace, but you do have the wall that you can make a focal point with a statement color or a statement wallpaper."


These ladies sell the VIEW...

NYC hot properties is all about the view...


A new season of Selling New York has also begun. Although it isn't necessarily a new show, but new situations and dramatic lux interiors are always an inspiration ~ especially when set in such a spectacular gem of a city like New York... The lofty listings are always an inspiration!





For the complete other end of the spectrum (those of us not living in lux but in the thrill of the thrift) there is a new show called Cash & Cari. I enjoyed watching Cari's hunting and gathering of treasures from trash... (chic version of American Pickers) I also especially enjoyed seeing how Cari's crew collected, cleaned-up and repaired the finds for Cari to resell - in a barn, for her Estate Sales. I wish South Florida had something like that... For now I guess I'll stick to thrifting =)


From Emily's blog post today: "... while I don't have an exact date, expect end of February early March for the series to start airing."

 
Some other programs in the works and expected to air later on in the year are Secrets From A Stylist and HGTV'd. For HGTV'd, a HGTV designer will travel across America in a red 18-wheeler, surprising fans with jaw-dropping makeovers and over-the top home transformations. Since Saturday, January 1, 2011, potential candidates have been going to HGTV.com to upload room photos & videos (same format as RMS) showing the rooms in their homes in desperate in need of a makeover - and warning - some of those spaces have been FRIGHTENING!!! A lucky homeowner will be chosen for the series and will receive an incredible, once-in-a-lifetime fantasy makeover, along with the chance to appear on HGTV - WITH - a celebrity designer!!


Sabrina Soto

Genevieve Gorder

The makeovers will be created by HGTV stars such as David Bromstad (Color Splash), John Gidding (Curb Appeal: The Block), Genevieve Gorder (Dear Genevieve), Sabrina Soto (Get It Sold and Real Estate Intervention) and Vern Yip (HGTV Design Star). Each week will feature a designer driving up in a specially outfitted HGTV’d truck - ready to transform outdated family rooms, dull basements and boring backyards - into astonishing, one-of-a-kind spaces.

Vern Yip

John Gidding


David Bromstad


The series is expected to premiere in summer 2011.




Looks like a great new year of design inspirations and network newness. Speaking of the new year, newness, and HGTV ... I have some exciting news to share with you shortly ... and it will also explain last weeks absence from posting to the blog =)






6 comments:

  1. I wonder if we will get these shows on Fox down under?? Happy New Year to you and thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered you blog & loved it. I'm an interior designer from Melbourne, Australia & I found it very inspiring. Blogging is all new to me but I have just set up my own blog
    scrapbook-melissah.blogspot.com
    You may like to check it out because I had so much fun doing it. It's got a bit of everything fashion, interiors, food, travel spots - hopefully you will find something in there that you like.
    Thanks for providing me with such great entertainment!
    Cheers
    Melissah

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great list of shows.....looking forward to checking them out. Thanks for the heads up and in depth details. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new espisodes were all awesome...I hope to have the time to watch them all season. Hope all is well with you and wishing you more and more success! FYI another snow storm headed for Jersey (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog - and this was a great synopsis of the new season of HGTV - some of the shows sound really great. I wish there was a 'middle of the road' kind of show. I could use some help, but my house is never going to be in the worst group, or messiest, I dont have a fatal illness - I just need a pro's eye to make a few suggestions and pull it all together --- I watch all the time, taking hints, ideas, and advice from them all - and you. Thanks ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Lynda! I had a lot of catching up to do here on your blog. Looks like 2011 is going to be a fantastic year for you! How exciting...you GO GIRL!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails