A DAY AT THE DCOTA's WINTER MARKET

Bloggers & designers united yesterday for a panel discussion by Elle Decor at the DCOTA's 2011 Winter Market. A panel of bloggers discussed how they began blogging and the ever so supportive blogging community. From a design perspective, the panel also discussed how the Internet has changed the world of design by creating more 'access' of information to potential clients and how blogging has helped to 'humanize' designers.





Some of the scheduled panel were unable to attend do to treacherous winter weather - however, of those attending I had the pleasure of meeting: Jennifer Boles of The Peak of Chic,  Stefan Bureau of Architect Design, and the lovely Brooke Giannetti of Velvet & Linen. Part of their discussion also included connecting beyond the blog - not only via facebook and twitter - but subscribing to blogs.



Subscribing makes it easier to keep current with your favorite blogs... which, thankfully because I do subscribe to Velvet & Linen, I had learned of this event and was able to attend.



Jennifer Boles and Stefan Bureau

Brook Giannetti

Other events are also happening at the DCOTA (like the The 2011 Design House opening to the public today!!) along with a tour of the showrooms, which is sure to inspire (and also picked up some additional sources for the team!). I'll be posting pics and info shortly... so stay tuned!








4 comments:

  1. Blogging really does open up so many creative coonections, Im still very new to this but I have to say finding blogs like your has really opened my eyes to so much. Ive really enjoyed sharing so many fantastic ideas. Your blog is a real inspiration thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember seeing a few pictures on Facebook about your day. Looks like you met some powerhouse hitters. Brooke is one of my favorite designer/bloggers.

    Mr. Goodwill Hunting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynda,

    it was great meeting you and getting to speak to you yesterday afternoon. You made me all excited about possible starting a blog of my own. Hope you were able to view my firm's room @ the 2011
    Design House.

    Lisette

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a great day ! I love all the doors that blogging has opened for me and all the people I've had the pleasure to meet.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails