ATE. PRAYED. LOVED.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving day, filled with family, friends and food. Since Jeff had to be at work at 2:30AM this morning (an hour away from us) we hosted a small gathering in our home with just my mom and friend, Marcia. The day before, I cleaned the house, set the table, baked pumpkin pie, made chocolate chip cookies, and made our traditional style sausage stuffing. Between Jeff's Food Network app and Alton Brown's book, I'm Just Here For The Food, Jeff made a delicious turkey he soaked in brine before he had left for work Wednesday afternoon. It was really nice having prepped the meal together yesterday morning, since for the past two years, we've driven to his sisters - about two hours away. Marcia said the blessing, and I asked everyone what they were grateful for as we started to serve the food. It's been a challenging year, but with the love and support of family and friends, here we all are - roof over head, clothes on our backs, good health, and food on the table. Something we are all grateful for...







No matter what is on your agenda for today -
resting, shopping, or now decorating for Christmas...
be safe and have fun.

Special thanks to all of you - the followers & subscribers of Focal Point.
I am grateful to have met you (some just this past year). Between Facebook, Twitter and bloggers - you have really helped me through a major transition in my life.
xoxo

Have a wonderful weekend
and see you back on the blog on Monday.


LINKING POST TO:




6 comments:

  1. You really put on an amazing Thanksgiving set-up. You are truly talented.

    Mr. Goodwill Hunting
    http://mrgoodwillhunting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog, you do such a great job of inspiring people to enhance their environment, and in this case appreciate and be thankful for what they have. Oh, and the food looks yummy!
    I can't wait to see your Christmas decor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! New follower here, but I've been following you on RMS for forever! I love your style and enjoy seeing new ideas coming from you! Can't wait!

    Love for you to check out my blog at http://1funkywoman.blogspot.com

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stumbled onto your blog! Love it!
    Sure looks like you had a wonderful holiday!
    ~Cheers:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a wonderful Thanksgiving at your home. I do love the gathering in of family and friends around a bountious table. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails