INSPIRATION TO GET YOUR SPOOK ON


I thought maybe it was too soon to be thinking of Halloween, but after seeing so many posts on it from visiting links at blog parties - it's time to re-think it. Now I'm not going to flood the home yet with bats and skulls, but I did want to share with you what I had done last year - mainly in our dining room...








This shot was actually featured this week in a
woo-hoo!


The skull heads are teal light holders from Michael's
Black glitter pumpkin Target
Wine bottle decals from the Dollar Store
Creepy gauze runners BigLots
Medium & small skulls BigLots & Michael's
Black pillow cases for slip covers
Centerpiece base is a wall mirror from Marshalls three yrs. ago
and the branch-like center candle holder (previously brown for Thanksgiving) I got about four years ago at Pier One.


The same light fixture in current dining room pictures, but I switched the glass shades for these three lanterns I had gotten on clearance about two years ago. To attach, I removed the lantern handle, and replaced with a long enough screw to pass through and catch the bracket of the fixture. The orange outdoor panels (I found online at Target also two years ago) really help to wake up the space (POP it).


The winter wall art gets a new look when paired with these creepy details. You can really see in this shot, all the natural bright light that comes into this space, which is why all the dark colors together in this small space can work.


And this is my friend - SKULLY...
He serves up candy on the 31st.



Sephora got a little spooked when Skully
came out - but they made friends... :)


For the 31st, I added black bat silhouettes. I was already cutting
a batch for a store party (more about that in a future post).


The candy table and my little pumpkin.
I fell in love with it because of the stem - it just looked wicked!

Going to need to find another place for "Beware"
since this door is now black...



Posted these over at Rate My Space - so stop by and rate it :)
Link here to rate Skull Style

We just brought down from the attic the fall & halloween decor Tuesday night - I can't wait to open the boxes and refresh our home with pumpkin decor and spice scents! Hope this helped give you some ideas for your Halloween decor.  What do you do for Halloween?  Do you have a party?  Do you set up a haunted house?
Loving Halloween... and can't wait to see
more inspirations from all the bloggers this year!


I'm participating in these link parties:

Tabletop Tuesday at A Stroll Through Life

The Fall Festival at The Blessed Nest

The Fall Nesting Party at The Inspired Room

Centerpiece Wednesday at Style Sisters

Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps On The Porch

Kinda Crazy Link Party at Tools Are For Women Too!

Tablescape Thursday 113 at Between Naps On The Porch

Wednesday Witchy Woman at The Style Sisters

Be sure to check out the
FABULOUS and AMAZING fall & Halloween decor these ladies have already dressed their nest in!


33 comments:

  1. Lynda!!! Thank you SOOO much for putting my olioboard on your sidebar. I wondered why I was getting so many votes! :) You're the best! THANK YOU SO MUCH! :) Oh, and btw - I'm copying some of this for halloween. TOTALLY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynda, Love how you used the gauze runners on your tabletop. I am so going to use some cheesecloth, rip out some holes, and creep it up w/a paint job so it looks like it like this. How cool! And there's nothing wrong with a little creepiness- it IS Halloween, after all. These are both great table vignettes for next month's holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the gauze runners, too! They look fantastic. Those skulls on the table look pretty creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Artie Sue and Pam!! Sue - you almost sound like you were over at RMS - lol - some people were actually creeped out lol.

    It's fun to explore this side of the imagination! Artie - by all means - copy away and have fun! I'm campaigning for you on FB and twitter too... Go Artie Go!!

    Thanks for stopping by...
    :D Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute and so clever. Love it. Thanks so much for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved all of the vignettes you created in your dining room. The blacks and grays of the decorations look fabulous in that room and I love all of the skulls!
    I purchased some of that torn gauze at Dollar Tree and was going to drape it on my mantel. But I'm rethinking that because I really like it as a runner.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Glad I found you.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed this post last Fall, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love love love Halloween! And I love your classy yet spooky creations! You did an excellent job of not making your dining room kitchy! VERY VERY VERY Elegant!
    Thanks for sharing!!!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for hosting Marty! And thanks for stopping by Pat, Jane and Debbie! I don't remember posting this here last year (b/c I literally had just started blogging and most posts were about leaving JCP) - but it was on RMS for a little while under holiday... Thanx!

    LOVE Halloween (and FALL!)
    :D Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was just reading your bio and see that you are a Jersey girl turned So Flo girl like me! I grew up in Sunrise and lived in Boca before moving to Tampa! I love visiting local blogs! I am going to add myself to your long list of Followers :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!

    i'm speechless by all your amazing displays. they are so awesome. i too, am loving the grey black & white. it's all gorgeous together. omgoodness, i bet there will be a great dinner party or a few in this dining room. how fun will that be.

    thanks so much for linking up to the FALL FESTIVAL. it was nice to meet you.

    kellie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Rachel! I'll have to stop by and check yours out too - I agree - I enjoy checking out us locals - and maybe sometime (if there are enough of us) we should all get together! Thanks for stopping back by - I think our posts crossed before...

    :D Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow - you really know your stuff! This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so ready to get my spook on!!! I love the cat, it's like.. what is going on here!!!!
    The vase of skulls is great.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow. pretty cool stuff. I think some of it I might have to integrate into my decor. Charming.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love what you did! It totally fit with your decor too. I have some Halloween up already and it is because I bought it and didn't want to have to store it anywhere. One of the neighborhood teenagers was giving me a hard time about it. I just laughed. They all think I like Halloween better than Christmas, not!! I just have a lot of fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How refreshing to see Halloween in such a sophisticated way! This is really exceptionally creative.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Halloween and always have. We had such fun when our kids were little, then more fun with the grands. They are all nearly grown but still have fun with it.
    I just decorate one cabinet in my breakfast room and sit a friendly witch in the porch swing, to greet the little gobblins that Trick or Treat.:)

    Your decos look great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great ideas -- I also like the way you used a mirror as a tray.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I keep Halloween in black and white and not very scary just pretty simple. You have a fun and scary look going on!!! Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  21. It is never too soon to start thinking about Halloween! I just love all your clever ideas and each little detail. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your decorations go perfectly with the style of your room. Love the spooky goodness! Congrats on the feature!
    xx,
    Autumn Clark

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh. my. goodness. i love this. i just love how it gels with your color scheme already. great buffet, btw, too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is soooo creative -- it looks like it is straight out of a magazine
    Great job!
    Jenny
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. That mummy is SO cool!!!!! Great! I'll head over to Rate My Space and try to find you on there.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love all your cool Halloween decorations! Your sideboard looks amazing. Love the skulls! Fabulous ideas! Come link up to Centerpiece Wed on my blog and share your ideas with all of us.

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for visiting and commenting Jenny and Alycia! Thanks for the invite Karin! I'll head over to Style Siters now!

    :D Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wonderful Halloween displays! So many cool skulls! I just bought one of those cool, creepy looking table runners to try this year!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love it, but I have seen your work on RMS... I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very sophisticated take on a tablescape for the spookiest day of the year. Thank you for sharing your creative design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  31. This gives spooky a chic look. Love the black and white and upscale look.
    Those skulls are very realistic! And the way the gauze runner is ripped is perfect.
    What a goulishly fun visit!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails